Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Stupid Human

Cats like food. That's a given. Most animals will ask for it even if they've already eaten. Moe and Tigger are no different. Tigger is our little piglet, but Moe asks (aka begs) for food also. So, it's no surprise to be in the kitchen and have a couple of begging kitties giving the "I'm a poor starving kitty" look.

When I got home from work today, without looking, I knew they had some cereal in their bowls cause I heard Moe munching. A few hours later, Jimmie gets home.


Before Dinner

I was doing some things around the house. Moe was a little underfoot. Everytime I'd passed the hallway, Moe would start walking down it and then stop and look at me as I kept walking. This happened a few times. I didn't think much of it.


This is what was really going on.

Me: (walking past hallway)
Moe: This way! Wait.... where are you going?

Me: (walk past hallway again in other direction)
Moe: Yes! Here we go!

Me: (walk down hallway past food area)
Moe: (pausing at food area) Here mama! Over here!


This continued a few times. He then gave up.


During Dinner
Moe: I'm a poor starving kitty.

Jimmie: Awww, poor Moe Moe. Give him a treat.

Me: No

King Kitty: Come on. Give him a piece of cheese.

Moe: I'm a poor starving kitty.

Me: No. That's our food. He has his own. Cheese isn't cheap.

Moe: I'm a poor starving kitty.



After Dinner
We played with the kitties for a bit and watched some tv. King Kitty decided to play on the computer, so Moe and I continued playing and watching tv.

I then decided it was time for bed and started heading down the hallway. Before I go to bed, I always check to make sure the kitties have food and water. I popped my head in the bathroom and saw that their food bowls were complete empty!



Me: Oh my gosh! Poor babies! Your bowls are empty! Moe Moe! I feel so bad! Now I understand why you kept doing what you did! You were trying to lead me over here and tell me that you were hungry and that your bowls were empty!


Moe: Duh! Stupid human.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, Bastet does the same thing to me.

    But she also does it even when there's still a small layer of food in her bowl. She doesn't like rubbing her nose against the ceramic. =p

    ~ The Resident Murloc

    ReplyDelete